Wednesday, December 16, 2009
The Battered Hilt is a rare epic drop that starts a quest ending in an epic sword/mace. For an assassination spec Rogue those are not very good choices.
What Rogues DO need is gold for items enchants like Berserking going for 800-1200 gold right now. The battered hilt is going for 10k - 20k gold on the AH. That would cover enchants, gems, and repairs for the next few gear upgrades. Clearly Blizzard wanted the quest item to be rare and sell-able on the AH by not making the item BOP. People lucky enough to get the hilt can use it for gold or an item. The spoils of war are your to do with what you want.
There are, of course, two schools of though on this...
Don't roll on the item unless you are going to use it.
I can use gold so I am going to roll on it.
Let's tackle the "unless you are going to use it" school first.
1. This school complains about a boomkin/shaman rolling on cloth.
2. This school will later stalk the AH seeing if BOE gear, that dropped in last nights raid, is being sold in the AH.
3. This school demands BOE gear is equipped right then and there.
4. This school complains when if other DPS are doing 10% less then them and wins a roll.
Now the "I can use gold crowd"
1. This school does not care if other classes need on gear they can use.
2. This class enjoys playing the AH and understands supply and demand.
3. This class does not equip BOE won gear until they are ready.
4. This school may not be doing top DPS but they is why we are here in the raid in the first place. To get better gear.
If you can use and item or gold. Roll need on this item.
Posted by Skonged at 11:30 AM