- 6 pack abs
- Go to more beaches this summer
These goals seem self centered and they clearly are. When you stroll down the beach with no shirt on with abs you are envied. To be envied at the beach is truly the pinnacle of personal fitness.
A goal without a plan is just a wish. -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
This is a two part plan. Exercise + diet = result.
5 sets and 5-8 reps of heavy weight. Anymore reps than 8 and you are going to not gain muscle. You also want to force movement when exercising. Just going through the motions is not enough to stimulate muscle fibers. There needs to be force exerted.
Monday - Military press, Leg squat, Chin ups, Abs, Dips, Bent over row, 20 min cardio
Tuesday - 20 min cardio
Wednesday - Military press, Leg squat, Chin ups, Abs, Dips, Bent over row, 20 min cardio
Thursday - 20 min cardio
Friday - Military press, Leg squat, Chin ups, Abs, Dips, Bent over row, 20 min cardio
Saturday - 20 min cardio
Sunday - Rest/Lite walk
Now I can add shrugs, fore arms curls, etc... But these exercises focus on large muscle groups. Thus burning the most amount of calories. Technically you could just do Bench press, Squats, Bent over row and cover every large, and small muscle, but you would get bored.
I don't like the word "diet" because it sounds too temporary. If your going to get serious eating healthy needs to be instinctual to the point when you see french fries you know your going to have to run for 45 minutes to burn them off. Here are some simple rules of eating better...
1. If it has the word fried in it. Don't eat it.
2. Don't eat high fructose corn syrup/white breads
3. Don't eat too much cheese
4. If it comes in a box it's not good for you
1. Do shop for foods on the outside edge of the grocery store
2. Consume .75 your weight in protein grams per day
3. Think about what you are eating
4. Eat every 3 hours if possible
Stronglifts 5x5 program