Thursday, November 19, 2009

Return of the Rogue

A dimly light winters night was like any other night in northrend. A soft blue glow blanketed the land with breaks of moon light giving focus to the newly fallen slow. Cold wind blew across a remote town shooting daggers at any exposed skin this harsh night. Only a local tavern I frequented provides a haven where lonely travelers enjoy warm seating by crackling flame and hot food in their belly. This haven is my den used to lure prey into dropping their defenses. As the night crept on tavern dwellers became dreary and yearned for a nice soft pillow to rest their heads. An alliance warrior named Kartuish, I only know his name because he spoke of his heroic battles, staggered from the warm tavern into the cold dark night alone. It was a mistake many have made before but this was Kartuish's last time. I soon followed out after him, but not close enough to be spotted. I slipped into a dark corner and applied poison to my blades. Creeping closer I see Kartuish is adjusting his armor. Perhaps the wind has found a kink in all that plate, "How ironic" I thought as I drew my blades. I took this opportunity to leap from the shadows and stun lock my target. Kartuish is caught off guard when he is weakest and I am strongest. The true way of the rogue. Kartuish did not stand a chance to my flurry of stuns and attacks. His only hope was mercy, but I was short on that. After I collected what I came for shadows draped their way around me as I shifted back into their cloak. I thought to myself "It has been too long since I have been here" as I cleaned my blades drifting back into the night.

This is the return of my rogue. Alliance you have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment